Smeg has received a number of important prizes and awards over the years from leading institutions and international magazines as a result of its deep understanding of aesthetics and the quality of its appliances.
- Modena Domotics Competition: In 2007 Smeg won the Modena Domotics Competition for its HQ, named one of the most innovative sites in Italy thanks to its intelligent consumption management and it being an example of sustainable development policies in action.
- Dedalo and Minosse International Prize: in 2008, Smeg won this competition, organised by an Italian association of professional architects, ALA - Assoarchitetti, for the architectural design of company HQ.
- Wallpaper Design Award: In 2009, the oven and hob from the Newson range received the Best Domestic Appliance award from the illustrious international magazine.
- Good Design Award: Each year the Chicago Athenaeum Museum (museum of Architecture and Design) and the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies give prestigious “Good Design Awards” to products that are recognised for their design excellence – products that can enrich society and people’s lives through its design:
- 2010 award for the Marc Newson designed oven and gas hob
- 2012 award for the PVB750-2E “concept” gas hob
- 2013 award for the SFP140 Linea aesthetic oven and for the SMEG500 refrigerator, result of a collaboration between Smeg and Fiat.
- Smeg South Africa - Business Enterprise of the Year 2013: The First National Bank and the Italian-South African Chamber of Trade and Industries awarded a prestigious prize to Smeg South African subsidiary as recognition of entrepreneurial excellence.